Materialise is a pioneer in 3D printing and software. They work for top German addresses like Mercedes and Airbus. They focus on engineering and medical pioneering projects plus manufacture selected consumer products with high tech impetus. A specialty are prototypes.
After 25 years of experience they inaugurated a new production site in Bremen, Northern Germany. Bremen is known for its high-tech cluster. And Materialise forms an important part of it. Our task was to organize the press event at the opening including trade press and local print, online and electronic media. Clippings in those media help to push the awareness for Materialise and build up high reputation.
The name of the event was “The Metal Tour” to create immediate attention.
Execution and creativity
We had to proof that Materialise are real pioneers. Therefore, we created a media kit with all key information about Materialise, the keynote speakers (e.g. from Airbus) and the new production site. In addition, we offered interviews with the heads of Materialise and the Senator of Bremen. Last but not least, we planned a photo session in the production site so that the editors could take pictures.
Opening session with the CEOs of Materialise HQ Belgium and Materialise Germany.
Welcoming Speech of Bremen’s Senator of Economy.
- Introduction: 3D Printing and how Materialise works
- Deep-dive in technologies & materials
- Additive manufacturing: Design & construction
- Keynote Speech Metal Tour: Peter Sander, Vice President Airbus, New Technologies and Concepts
- Interactive Workshop: Finding the right applications
- All local, regional and trade media could be motivated to attend or report on the event.
- Photographers and cameramen of the invited media took pictures and filmed at the event and especially in the production site.
- About 30 reports in regional and professional media could be secured. The reach of the target audience was 5+ million.